Job Title: Technical Officer
REPORTS TO: Technical Advisor- Kampala/Mbale
LOCATION: Kampala and Mbale
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIE S:
The Technical Officer provides support to a number of districts under SURE for planning, implementing, and monitoring pharmaceutical management interventions in the assigned districts. He or she works closely with district health management teams to ensure that all SURE technical assistance, capacity building and pharmaceutical information system activities are adequately implemented; and that results are adequately documented. The Technical Officer will work closely with District and HSD Medicine Management supervisors to ensure that all public and NGO health facilities in the new SURE districts are supervised regularly. S/he will further ensure that performance assessment is done during a supervision visits and facility improvement plans are developed and implemented
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIE S:
1.Under the guidance of the Technical Advisor develop and implement plan for roll out of SPARS for EMHS management and Pharmaceutical financial management in the new SURE districts in the region
2.In consultation with the training officer ensure proper coordination and implementation of training program for MMS in SCM, PFM, Motorcycle riding, M and E and computer use.
3.Support MMS to develop work plans and carry out supervision , performance assessment facility improvement plans of facilities in their area of jurisdiction.
4.Implement a system to monitor performance of MMS and Health facilities and establish a structure for regular feedback to MMS and DHO
5.Coordinate with M and E staff at central office to implement data collection systems for health facilities and also ensure that all health commodities reporting activities are adequately carried out in the health facilities within districts.
6.In conjunction with computerization team ensure that MMS are capacitated to use electronic system in collection, submission, analysis and reporting of supervision data
7.In collaboration with Technical Advisor ensure the successful implementation of pharmaceutical financial management in HC IV and Hospitals in the new districts
8.Work closely with the SURE Accountants to ensure that all services, equipment and supplies planned for pharmaceutical management capacity building at district level are adequately managed and handled according to USAID and rules and regulations.
9.Work with the Technical Advisor to implement the GPP inspection in facilities that meet performance targets and implement the accreditation ceremonies and other recognition scheme at facility level
10. Work with the Kampala based management team and Kampala technical staff to assure that pharmaceutical and logistics reports related to essential medicines and to the different vertical programs are timely collected, compiled, analyzed and disseminated to key stakeholders.
11. Perform other duties as required.
1. Should be Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, or degree in a health area with demonstrated experience in supply chain management
2. Work experience of not less than 3 years in health commodities supply chain.
3. Experience in supervision and performance monitoring of health facilities in health commodities logistics management
4. Long-term working experience in Uganda with knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Uganda public health system.
5. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other stakeholders in developing creative and strategic solutions to achieve common goals.
6. Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and shifting deadlines.
7. Demonstrated strong organizational, administrative and communications skills.
8. Strong teamwork and team-building skills
9. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
10. Demonstrated computer skills, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
11. Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the assigned region.
How to apply
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess Ann Drive Bugolobi, P O Box 71419, Kampala Email: HRUG@msh.org.
Deadline for submission: February 8, 2013.